FAQs - Care & Cleaning Bottles
Mostly, yes! Your CamelBak sports bottles, such as Podium and Podium Chill, Podium Ice and Podium Dirt Series should be hand washed (we recommend hot, soapy water and a bottle brush). Caps for these bottles can go in the dishwasher on the top rack.
All other CamelBak plastic bottles, stainless steel bottles and drinkware are dishwasher safe. This includes Chute Mag, eddy+, kids’ bottles, Horizon Drinkware, MultiBev, Forge Flow, Hot Cap, and any products made with Tritan Renew. Just be sure to put the caps on the top rack to avoid damage. And when washing your MultiBev bottle, take it apart before putting it in the dishwasher.
We offer a full selection of cleaning accessories for all of our products. From eco-friendly cleaning tablets to brushes and a reservoir dryer, we've got what you need to make cleaning a breeze.
The eddy+ kids bottle is built a little differently than the grownup eddy+ bottle—we made the bite valve harder to pull off so it won’t create a choking hazard.
Start by removing your one-piece bite valve and straw for cleaning. It’s easy to do:
- First, unscrew the cap and pop out the straw
- On the underside of the cap, grab the pull tab on the bottom of the bite valve and pull it out in one motion
- After that, just clean the bottle and bite valve with warm, soapy water, or place them in the top rack of your dishwasher.
To re-insert the bite valve into the cap:
- Turn the cap upside down and push the bite valve up through the opening. Make sure the bite valve’s pull tab is pointing towards the center of the cap (in the same direction as the bottle handle).
- Once the bite valve pokes through to the top of the bottle, you can pull it into place. If you notice two little grooves on the side of the bite valve, it means you’ve pulled it out a little too far—just push it back in until those grooves are seated.
- Next, just push the straw back into the bite valve until it fits snugly.
Please do not put the eddy kids bottle in a microwave or bottle sterilizer to clean.
The Podium series bottles are all easy to clean. Here’s how:
- Remove the bottle cap and make sure the Lockout is open so water can circulate through as you wash it
- You can also remove the lockout out of the main cap to clean it separately (see video below for additional instructions).
- Wash the bottle with warm soapy water and a bottle brush, if necessary
- Wash the cap with warm soapy water OR put in the top rack of the dishwasher
Cleaning Vacuum Stainless Steel:
The Chute Mag, eddy+ and Carry Cap stainless steel can be easily cleaned with a bottle brush using warm water and mild soap.
Bottle caps, spout caps, tethers and bite valves can all be cleaned in the top rack of the dishwasher or by hand with warm, soapy water. Remove the cap, spout cap, tether or bite valve from the vessel before washing.
For a deeper cleaning, add a drop of mild soap or tablespoon of bleach to a clean glass jar filled with water. Drop the bite valve, straw and cap into the solution, and tightly close the jar’s lid. Shake the mixture around for 30 seconds, and then let the parts soak for about 15 minutes. Rinse and shake dry.
Our bottles are easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. Here’s a quick breakdown of the best way to wash each bottle.
We understand that the taste of plastic can be really unpleasant when drinking from your bottle. Rest assured that the bottle is made of materials that are 100% free of BPA and BPS, so the taste you’re experiencing isn’t a sign of harmful chemicals.
To get rid of the taste, we recommend filling 3/4 the way of warm water and a tablespoon of baking soda, and letting the contents sit for approximately 40 minutes to one hour. Once you rinse it out, your bottle should be taste-free and good to go.